A Mommy Makeover Can Restore Your Pre-baby Body
By combining carefully chosen procedures, a mommy makeover performed at our Victoria, TX, practice can restore your figure and help you experience greater enjoyment in motherhood. Dr. Brian F. Burns will note your goals and recommend a custom treatment plan during a consultation. Dr. Burns uses refined surgical techniques that have helped many mothers to achieve beautiful, natural-looking results
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of procedures designed to restore (or improve upon) your body’s pre-baby figure. By combining procedures, Dr. Burns can address multiple areas of concern at one time, providing you with more dramatic results. A mommy makeover is completely customizable to meet your individual cosmetic goals. Treatment often includes:
- Breast Procedures: Pregnancy and breastfeeding can stretch the breast skin, leaving behind stretch marks and resulting in a sagging appearance. It can also result in a loss of volume in the breasts. To eliminate sagging, Dr. Burns can perform a breast lift. If you are also concerned with a loss of volume, he can include implants to enhance the size and shape of your breasts.
- Tummy Tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck can eliminate excess skin and fat around the abdomen. In some cases, a tummy tuck can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks along the midsection.
- Liposuction: To eliminate deposits of stubborn excess fat in multiple areas of the body, Dr. Burns may recommend liposuction. He can use liposuction in combination with a number of procedures to remove excess fat and improve your body contours. Liposuction is useful in the upper arms, breasts, abdomen, buttocks, and thighs.
- Body Lift Procedures: A body lift procedure can eliminate excess skin and fat from most areas of the body. Procedures commonly performed as part of a mommy makeover include arm lift, thigh lift, or buttocks lift.
A mommy makeover can help restore your pre-baby body, improving your contours and giving you a slim, rejuvenated figure.
Is a Mommy Makeover Right for You?
While any woman over the age of 18 is a potential candidate for a mommy makeover, we strongly recommend undergoing this procedure only after you are certain you are finished having children. It is ideal for women who have lost their baby weight but still struggle with loose, sagging skin and stubborn deposits of fat in localized areas. Some women may choose to have their mommy makeover shortly after having their last child while other women wait several years before undergoing cosmetic surgery. Having given vaginal birth or undergoing a C-section will not affect your candidacy. It is important that you are in good overall health and have realistic expectations for the outcomes of your mommy makeover.
Benefits and Risks of a Mommy Makeover
Benefits of a mommy makeover include:
- A slim figure with improved overall contours
- Reduction of stretch marks and other imperfections
- Removal of excess skin and fat
- A rejuvenated and more youthful appearance
- A figure that more closely resembles your pre-baby body
- Boosted confidence
Risks can include:
- Unfavorable scarring
- Need for additional surgery to correct any problems
- A need for separate procedures requiring multiple periods for recovery
Choosing an excellent surgeon is the surest way for you to achieve satisfying results, worthy of the cost.
Schedule Your Consultation
If pregnancy has taken a toll on your body and you desire a slimmer and more youthful appearance, contact South Texas Plastic Surgery today to schedule a consultation. Dr. Burns can create a treatment plan based on your goals to give you a rejuvenated and natural-looking appearance that helps you feel confident and attractive.