Refresh Your Appearance with a Facelift
If you wish to rejuvenate a more youthful appearance, a facelift can address a variety of cosmetic concerns, including jowls, wrinkles, and excess skin. To meet our patients' diverse needs, we offer full facelifts, mid facelifts, and mini facelifts, which target different areas of the face. Dr. Brian F. Burns in Victoria, TX, is proud to implement the latest techniques during his treatments. Combining his visual artistry and 25 years of experience, Dr. Burns can help you achieve natural-looking results that complement your unique facial features.
A facelift can address excess skin, jowls, and deep facial creases, so you can look and feel refreshed.
Is This Treatment Right for You?
A facelift offers long-lasting results, and it addresses aging concerns more comprehensively than any other facial rejuvenation procedure. Patients who are best suited for a facelift include those concerned with:
- A tired look, even when well rested
- Deep facial creases, especially the nasolabial folds that run between your nose and mouth
- Excess or sagging skin
- Jowls or loose skin along your jawline
- Sagging cheeks
- Sunken or displaced fat deposits
It is important to keep in mind that some patients can benefit from a neck lift and liposuction if they have excess skin around their chin, neck, and jowls. Often we can perform these procedures in tandem with a facelift.
Are You a Candidate for a Facelift?
If you wish to restore a more youthful appearance, you may be a candidate for a facelift. During your consultation, Dr. Burns can review your cosmetic goals, lifestyle, and preferences. He can also perform a thorough exam to ensure you are healthy enough for surgery. To qualify for treatment, you should have a strong, healthy immune system and realistic aesthetic goals. Chronic autoimmune diseases, blood disorders, diabetes, and similar conditions may disqualify you from treatment because they can compromise your body’s ability to heal.
Dr. Burns can also assess the texture and quality of your skin. You will enjoy the best possible results if your skin is still elastic. For this reason, we most frequently recommend facelifts for patients in their 40s, 50s, and 60s. Nonetheless, many older and younger patients have also enjoyed fantastic results. Often times, mini and mid facelifts can benefit patients in their mid-to-late 30s. After determining your candidacy, Dr. Burns can review our various facelift options and help you choose the right procedure for you.
Different Types of Facelifts
We can perform a variety of facelifts to meet your unique needs. Though a full facelift will achieve the most sweeping effects, other, specialized procedures may be more apt for your specific goals. We offer:
- Full facelift: Also known as rhytidectomy, this treatment is designed to address areas of concern throughout the entire face. During facelift surgery, Dr. Burns can reposition underlying facial muscles and fat deposits, carefully tightening the skin atop your new contours. Though a full facelift requires larger incisions, typically beginning at the temples and following the natural curves of the ears. Dr. Burns can virtually eliminate visible scarring with his remarkable precision.
- Mini facelift: If you primarily wish to address the lower third of your face, including your jawline, a mini facelift may be the most suitable option. Incisions are typically smaller and will usually run from the bottom of your ears to your hairline.
- Mid facelift: A mid facelift can reverse sagging in your cheeks, and it can reduce the appearance of hollow areas beneath your eyes. As such, this treatment is also referred to as a cheek lift. Mid facelift incisions are located on your temples and inside your mouth. For both mini and mid facelifts, the recovery process is usually much faster than it is for a full facelift.
To ensure your satisfaction, we can answer any questions or concerns you may have about our treatment options and guide you through all stages of the treatment process.
The Procedure and Recovery
To ensure your comfort, we can begin by administering anesthesia. Depending upon the type of facelift you receive, we can then make incisions in the appropriate areas. After removing unwanted fat deposits and excess skin, Dr. Burns can close the incision with sutures.
The recovery time will depend upon the type of facelift you choose. After a full facelift, you will typically be able to return to routine activities about two weeks later. However, it may take a few months to one year for all swelling and bruising to subside. Patients who undergo a mini facelift can expect to return to work about one week after surgery. However, it can take several weeks for swelling to dissipate. Initial recovery after a mid facelift can also last about one week. As this process is less invasive, patients can expect any bruising or swelling to resolve more quickly than it would with a full or mini facelift.
Cost of a Facelift
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of a facelift. The most significant consideration is the extent of your procedure. As a full facelift is more involved, it will generally cost more than a mid or mini lift. However, even among patients who choose a full facelift, costs can vary significantly. At your consultation, Dr. Burns can provide you with a treatment estimate, taking into account:
- Additional procedures: If you wish to combine a facelift with a neck lift, liposuction, or related procedure, the cost of your overall treatment will change.
- Anesthesia: In some cases, Dr. Burns may recommend general anesthesia. The type of anesthesia you decide upon can impact the cost of your treatment.
- Surgical fees: Your treatment cost can fluctuate based on surgical facility fees, x-ray costs, and related expenses.
- Post-surgical care: Dr. Burns is committed to helping you achieve a smooth recovery. Any medication or special garments he prescribes may affect your treatment cost.
Cost is certainly an important factor when it comes to cosmetic surgery. However, you should always invest in a qualified surgeon with a reputation for excellence. Dr. Burns has extensive experience, and he is renowned for his beautiful results. To ensure you receive the superior care you deserve, we strive to keep costs affordable and offer flexible financing options.
Schedule a Consultation Today
There is no need to look older on the outside than you feel on the inside. A facelift can help you achieve more defined contours and a more youthful appearance. With his expertise, Dr. Burns can provide discreet and natural-looking results. Contact us online today to schedule a consultation for a facelift. You can also call (361) 576-1975 or (866) 576-1975 to make an appointment.